The Statistics Department employs 6-10 readers on a quarterly basis. Readers provide diverse services to instructors as “course assistants." Their tasks normally include the grading of student homework, quizzes, and exams for undergraduate statistics courses. A reader will NOT be teaching or holding office hours. The current pay rate for undergraduate readers is $15.00 per hour and $15.78 for graduate readers. The reader appointment can be renewed based on performance evaluation from the instructor and the availability of reader hours.
- Full-time UC Davis registered student (declared statistics majors preferred)
- Student must be in good academic standing
- 3.0 or higher overall and major GPAs (on a 4.00 point scale)
- Must have taken the course or a closely related course and received a “B” or better grade
- Must be eligible for employment (US Citizen, lawful Permanent Resident, eligible Visa status (J1, F1), Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA))
- Must have excellent time management skills and good attention to details
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- A student may not serve as a reader in a course in which he or she is enrolled.
To apply or for more information, please contact the Undergraduate Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).