Academic Assistance and Tutoring Centers
The AATC has tutoring and advising resources to help students with introductory coursework.
Office of Educational Opportunity and Enrichment Services
Students are expected to attend office hours. Students in statistics courses are strongly encouraged to attend office hours on a regular basis. You have the option to attend both TA and instructor office hours. We encourage attending both. You can find your TA and instructor office hours on your course syllabus or course website. Most office hours are held in the Mathematical Sciences Building. You can find it on the campus map.
Private Tutoring Resources
Our department provides a list of tutors to students who would like to hire a private tutor. Below is the list of tutors for hire.
- All tutors are graduate students in the Department of Statistics or the Graduate Group in Biostatistics.
- All tutoring arrangements and agreements are strictly between the student and the tutor.
- The Department of Statistics takes no responsibility for the quality of any tutoring experience or arrangements.
- It is unallowable for a graduate student to tutor any student in a course which they are also employed (as a TA, Reader, etc.) in the immediate quarter. Should this occur, the graduate student tutor and the undergraduate student they are tutoring will be promptly referred to Student Judicial Affairs.
- It is unallowable for graduate student tutors to provide past exams and homework solutions to the students they are tutoring. Should this occur, the graduate student tutor and the undergraduate student they are tutoring will be promptly referred to Student Judicial Affairs.
Chi Po Choi
- STA 13, STA 103
- Statistics PhD Student
- STA 13, 32, 100, 103, 106, 108, 130, 131, 141
- I am currently a Biostatistics master. I have taken sta 13 and sta 103 before and all got A as final grades.
- STA 13, 100, 103, 106, 108, 130A-C, 141A-B
- I am a PhD candidate in statistics, and have nearly completed my PhD. I have worked as a TA and as an instructor for many undergraduate statistics classes, and have over 8 years of experience in tutoring. If interested, please contact me to schedule sessions ahead of time as my availability in the summer is limited.
- STA 13, 100, 106, 108, 130A, 131A
- I have a master degree in statistics at Davis. I've been a reader for 2 quarters. And I have been tutoring for 3 years for various classes.
- STA 013, 032, 106, 108, 131B, 141A, 141B, 200B
- Currently pursuing a double major (Masters) in Statistics and Transportation Engineering. Highly passionate about machine learning, data analytics and applied statistics. Love to teach and brainstorm ideas.
- STA 13, 100, 103, 108, 130 A, 130 B, 131 A, 131 B, 131 C, 135, 137, 200A, 200B, 206, 208
- I have completed double major MS in Statistics and Electrical and Computer Science Engineering. I am now pursuing my Ph.D. in machine learning, game theory and cybersecurity.
- STA 10, STA 13, STA 32, STA 100, STA 103, STA 106, STA 108, STA 130AB, STA 131 ABC, STA 135, STA 144, STA 200ABC
- $30/hour or above, which depends on course level
- I am currently a PhD student in Statistics.
Nuen Tsang Yang
- STA 10, 13, 32, 100, 101, 103, 104, 106, 108, 130AB, 131ABC, 135, 137, 138, 141ABC, 144, 145, 160, 200ABC, 222, 223, 224, 231ABC, 232ABC, 235ABC, 237AB, 238, 240AB, 241, 242, 243
- Private tutor for 15+ years. I reply every email.