Why Choose UC Davis?
UC Davis is one of the nation’s leading public universities and a top research institution
UC Davis Statistics:
- Our Statistics graduate program is one of the top in the country. US News and World Report, ranks it at #13, tied with Cornell University, Texas A&M, University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin-Madison and Yale University
- Our department’s strength is in theoretical research and the applied aspects of statistics, including modern data science and machine learning
- Our faculty have a wide range of research interests and are a balanced group of experts that play a major role in many campus activities and initiatives, such as transportation, genomics, machine learning, and the newly launched UC Davis TETRAPOD Institute of Data Science (UCD4IDS)
- The UCD Statistics department benefits from UCD’s diverse programs that rely on expertise in data analysis and modeling
- Quality mentoring in a supportive (not competitive) environment with a designated academic advisor for each student
- Our Master’s and PhD students go on to academic positions at elite universities and other tenure-track positions or industry jobs at Amazon, Facebook and Google, among others. Many of our MS graduates go on to pursue PhD degrees in Statistics and related disciplines.
College Life in Davis:
- California’s College Town
- Take a virtual campus tour
- Where We Are: Davis is about 20 minutes west of Sacramento and approximately 72 miles east of San Francisco. The wine-rich Sonoma and the Napa valleys are roughly an hour’s drive to the northwest, while Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada are about two hours to the east.
- Academics, Lifestyle, Diversity & Support