- Mixed effects models
- Generalized linear models
- Model selection
- Small area estimation
- Big Data intelligence
- Precision medicine
- Asymptotic theory
- Spatial statistics
- Testing hypotheses
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Matrix algebra
- Numerical analysis
- Monte Carlo methods
- Jiang, J. (2017), Asymptotic Analysis of Mixed Effects Models: Theory, Application, and Open Problems, Chapman & Hall/CRC. (link)
- Jiang, J., Rao, J. S., Fan, J., and Nguyen, T. (2018), Classified mixed model prediction, Journal of the American Statistical Association 113, 269-279. (link)
- Jiang, J. and Rao, J. S. (2020), Robust small area estimation: An overview, Annual Review of Statistics and Its Applications 7, 337-360. (link)
- Jiang, J. and Torabi, M. (2020), Sumca: Simple, unified, Monte-Carlo assisted approach to second-order unbiased MSPE estimation, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B 82, 467-485. (link)
- Jiang, J., Feuer, E. J., Li, Y., Nguyen, T., and Yu, M. (2021), Inference about Age-standardized Rates with Sampling Errors in the Denominators, Statistical Methods in Medical Research 30, 535–548. (link)
- Jiang, J. and Nguyen, T. (2021), Linear and Generalized Linear Mixed Models and Their Applications, 2nd ed., Springer, New York. (link)
- Jiang, J., Wand, M. P. and Bhaskaran, A. (2022), Usable and precise asymptotics for generalized linear mixed model analysis and design, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B 84, 55–82. (link)
- Jiang, J. (2022), Large Sample Techniques for Statistics, 2nd ed., Springer, New York. (link)
Education and Degree(s)
- Ph.D. Statistics (UC Berkeley, 1995)
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), since 2019.
- Distinguished Alumni Award, National Institute of Statistical Sciences, 2015.
- Elected Member, International Statistical Institutes (ISI), since 2015.
- The DSMD Distinguished Lecture, U.S. Census Bureau, 2013.
- Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS), since 2008.
- Fellow, American Statistical Association (ASA), since 2007.
- (with A. Gelman and F. Bois) Outstanding Statistical Application Award, American Statistical Association, 1998.